How to make Chicken Adobo? / Adobong Manok
Ingredients of Chicken Adobo
- 1/2 kilo chicken, any parts its up to you.
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce, Datu Puti soy sauce ("Ito ay Safe")
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or pound
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1/4 cooking oil (canola oil)
- 6 dried bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons cane vinegar or regular vinegar
- Marinade the chicken by combining soy sauce and garlic in a large container for at least 2 hours.
- Set to medium fire and heat the oil in a pan. If the oil is hot enough put the chicken on the pan and let the chicken become golden brown. After that set aside the chicken.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it boil then add the remaining marinade of garlic and soy sauce.
- Put the dried bay leaves and pepper. Place the chicken and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes until it became tender.
- Add vinegar and stir the pan for 10 minutes
- Smell it and say delicioso mi amigo and serve while its hot.